Now it’s my turn to nominate some fellow web writers and I’ve chosen an eclectic list of blogs that swing from fashion to sex to video games. Thank again to Chelsey for nominating me and giving me the opportunity to nominate others! Here goes.
AND THE NOMINEES ARE…
Kaitlyn, That Monster
A publishing Wonder Woman, Kaitlyn writes about horror, feminism, video games, and other geekery. Her blog also features her own creative writing and criticism. AND she publishes Twines. If you want to read something new, thoughtful, and unequivocally cool, check her out!
Melanie, What The Librarian Wore
A blended learning librarian at the University of Guelph, Melanie has stylishly challenged the notion that librarians can only land on the stuffy or sexy side of the wardrobe. Instead, she curates thrifty and casual looks while inviting submissions from librarians everywhere to show off their own sartorial savvy.
Erica, The Ecstatic Adventures of the Exuberant Bodhisattva
I met Erica in University where she was one of the zaniest writers I’ve ever read. Now she lives in Halifax with her companion The Boatman (a frequent guest in her posts). There is no topic too intimate or personal to be thoroughly examined on her blog. Her adventures are as candid as they come!
Melissa, Sex and Pancakes
A sex advice and information column originating from Concordia University’s alternative newspaper The Link. Writer and creator Melissa is a wicked sex educator from Montreal that believes that “sex should be talked about as casually over breakfast the way we might talk about the weather.”
Andrew is a through and honest book blogger with great taste in books. He’s also writer and artist in Toronto. Though we’ve never met in person, we often review the same books and even share a blog template! Andrew is also a contributor to the ShortLitCrit forum @FoundPress.
HONOURABLE MENTION: Lisa, NotANudist
Lisa’s yet-to-be unveiled fashion blog is a work in progress that it going to virtually explode with awesomeness when it is revealed. Friends since our first high school musical 11 years ago (!), Lisa is one the best, most beautiful, multi-talented, and cynically hilarious people I know. Look for her blog in the coming months! In the meantime you can follow her Twitter and Instagram.
Now, If the above so choose to accept this honour, you must now answer these questions on your our own blog, then choose some of your own favourite blogs to nominate and think up a list of questions for them!
- What is your spirit animal and why?
- What, in your opinion, is your X factor as a blogger?
- If you were a super hero, who would you want to be your trusty sidekick? (Pick someone living, dead, or fictitious)
- If you could choose to live in one fictional world (literary or from film), which one would it be and why?
- What is the weirdest thing in your fridge/pantry?
- Name the best present you’ve ever received.
- Describe the perfect breakfast. Is it at home? Out? Who is it with?
- You just won your dream award. What would it be?/What would it be for?
- In your opinion, what is the best thing since sliced bread?
- Where is your happy place?
- Name one skill you have that you are particularly proud of and one skill you wish you had.
Ready. Set. Go!