Welcome to the Book Stylist edition of the Liebster Awards! A pay-it-forward initiative to push and promote great blogs around the web! I was nominated by Chelsey over at Chels And A Book, a fellow Concordian, Humber Publishing alum, AND the blogger who showed me that book blogs are a real life thing. You can check out her Leibster post here! Nominees are encouraged to participate in a cute Q&A and then pass it along, creating a chain reaction of blog recommendations that will spread and spread until we dominate the interwebs with our positive reinforcement! Here are the rules:
- Reveal 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set forth by you nominator.
- Select at least 5 blogs to nominate and send them their own inquisitive questionnaire to fill out.
- Spread the blog love!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- My ideal afternoon is a long lunch with good friends at a table by the window.
- I function at a very high temperature. I’m always warm. Like really, really warm. I like scalding hot showers. I cannot handle being cold. Why I don’t live on a beach right now is beyond me.
- I walk extremely fast. I don’t know if it’s subconscious compensation for my short legs or a habit I picked up after having lived through some frigid Montreal winters, but it physically pains me to saunter.
- Ironically though, I loath running.
- I taught myself how to cook during a 6 month unemployment stint a few years ago and now I love to experiment sans recipe. Before that, I couldn’t even manage instant pancakes without some terrible mishap.
- My closet is full of clothes with animals on it, including rabbits, raccoons, squirrels, swans, mice, and unicorns. And I won’t stop until I can wear an entire enchanted forest.
- Epic marriage proposal stories never fail to make me cry. Especially this one.
- My celebrity boyfriend is Jason Schwartzman.
- Most of my iPod is made up of 40s music and show tunes.
- In a different life, I think I would have made a great OB-GYN.
- I love staying in hotels. If I could live in one, I would.
CHELSEY’S RANDOM QUESTIONS:
- What is your favourite childhood book, favourite read from the last year, and most anticipated future read?
When I was younger, I would read and reread Barbara Smucker’s Underground to Canada. Also, Tuck Everlasting.
Last year: Oh man, I read so many great ones it’s hard to choose. The Miracles of Ordinary Men was a pretty fantastic. Also, Husk.
Anticipated: Amy Poehler’s humour memoir!
- If you had the choice to create your last meal (appetizer, main course, dessert and beverage), what would it be?
A spicy caesar. French onion soup. Cedar plank salmon, wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil, roasted asparagus. Chocolate cheesecake.
- What would your ideal bookshelf/ library look like? I’ve always wanted a comfy plush bay window with giant pillows, and surrounding it with book shelves to the ceiling. And don’t forget the ladder!
- If you were to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would it be and where? I have a tattoo! It’s a pair of sewing buttons on my ribcage. But I’m considering getting another one. I’ve always wanted a small white rabbit in honour of one of my favourite storybook catalyst.
- Do you anticipate your birthday, wish it was over faster or remain indifferent? I love my birthday! It gives me an excuse to plan something fun.
- What is in your ideal smoothie? I’ll devour anything in smoothie form, but raspberries and peaches are my favourite.
- If you were to go to a ball (Disney Princess style), what would your dress look like? Anything from Spanish designer Rosa Clara. Just make it red.
- Do you have a favourite mug? Where is it from, how long have you had it and what does it look like? My favourite mug is my new one from David’s Tea. It’s a colour changing whale mug! David’s Tea mugs are quickly bumping my old Starbucks ones to the back of the shelf.
- What is your favourite thing about your blog? I love the challenge of finding ways to photograph books. I love the physical object, so trying to depict the mood of reading in a visual way is a lot of fun. That’s been a recurring compliment from readers, so it’s nice to know it works.
- Who is your favourite man or woman in literature and why?
Alice (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland) for her insane imagination.
- If you were to adopt a dog or a cat today, what would one of your name considerations be? Oh I have a list of them. But just like my human baby names, the name of my future fur baby is under strict lock and key. Or it’s hidden behind the passcode of my iPhone.
AND NOW YOU KNOW! Stay tuned for my nominees later this week!